Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dog Books

I've been reading a few dog books lately, all of which I can recommend.

The Other End of the Leash
My favorite of the 3. It's about dog perspective. In fact I may want to read it again I liked it so much.

How to be your dog's best friend (revised)
I would highly recommend this to all dog owners-- esp new ones. I didn't really learn much but it's an interesting read nonetheless. It goes into how you should pick a pup, how to train, how to solve behavior problems, house training, what questions to ask a breeder, how to deal with death, etc. good A-Z coverage.

Help for your fearful dog
I actually bought this first and never read it but it's interesting too. I'm learning a few things too. For example, one of the ways you help a fearful dog is training. Obvious. But even those Kongs or the food dispenser toys are mental stimulation. I used this fact for draining the pup's energy (see last blog entry).

No comments:

Post a Comment