Friday, January 2, 2009

Bark 4,5

More barks... wow. Unfortunately we did not prepare adequately in the morning and we had to quickly drop off Marley at my parents. While we were away my mom said that he started barking when he heard noise coming from the garage. She was amazed because he is usually so quiet. When we came back we had to leave suddenly. When we left the house I forgot to get something so I went back into the house and I could hear him clawing at the door. When we finally did leave my mom said he continued to claw at the door and began to bark. I had a feeling he might be upset at us leaving so abruptly.

I've noticed him marking more often since his stay at sunny dog. I wonder if he picked up this behavior from other dogs. It is normal after all. On the past 2 walks he pee's in the beginning and near the end. It used to be just at the beginning.

I've started him on marker training. I'm choosing to use the word "yes" as opposed to using a clicker. I've also ordered a DVD on marker/clicker training... I can't wait to try this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment