Friday, January 9, 2009

brushing teeth and the trash

I must say it's somewhat challenging to brush a dog's teeth. Marley will always come to me when I ask him to go in the bathroom. we've been doing this for a while and the gf and I try to make it as comfortable for him as possible. He never shy's away. I even have his toothbrush in my hand as he comes towards me. There's no surprise here. Yet, whenever i try to brush his teeth it just seems uncomfortable. the moment i put the toothbrush in his mouth he licks the toothpaste from his teeth. when I hold his snout he moves around. not wildly but he makes it rather difficult. not sure what to do here.

today he misbehaved twice. when i came back from work at lunch and after work was over he had gone into the bathroom and taken trash out of it. I don't get why dogs do that. He knows he's not supposed to do that. I'm positive of it, though the trainer says that he actually doesn't. I have to correct him in the act. Well i have corrected him for going into the bathroom without being called in. I've done this while i'm in the bathroom as well as catching him walk into the bathroom. So in order to take the trash out, he has to first disobey my command in not entering the bathroom. Even when I take the trash out and lay it in front of him, he will run away. I've disciplined him on other occasions about this. I know I can just shut the bathroom but I prefer to keep it open to test his behavior from day to day.

Today i also left the mino camcorder on to see how long he whined after I left. I think it was pretty short but then again he was out of camera for a while. it only recorded 10 mins as well... which is odd because there was 60 min of recording time. I'm not sure if i mentioned this before but the last time we recorded him he whined and walked around for 20 mins before he finally sat down on his circle pillow.

tomorrow is our first obedience training session. stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment