Saturday, February 21, 2009

dog park / shower day


It's still a puzzle to me why some days he walks right by my side and other days he's hunting. this last past week he's been real good... but on the way back from the dog park he had surprisingly a lot of energy.

dog park was uneventful. I only took him there because it was something to do. It's a 30 min walk; exercise is always good. I have absolutely nothing to say about it... so boring.

So the picture in this post is about my DIY dog bath. For a few weeks I've been struggling with how I was going to get an adapter on the bath faucet. For those who are interested, they are very hard to find and i've read they suck. i believe it as well. if you look at the design of the tub faucet it's clear you cannot put an adapter on it. I did find a faucet from Danco? at lowes that had an attachment where you could attach a shower head w/hose (like the one i have). I almost went with that approach except for the fact that if you want to use the Danco then the pipe coming out of the tile can only be 1 inch. as you can see in the pick, the pipe thread extends a few inches. Rather than putting in a new pipe that is shorter (that could possibly be more complicated that first glance btw ), I just took off my faucet and slapped on that shower head i bought from amazon. the thing i like about it is that it has a switch that 98% shuts off the water (water still trickles, but it's fine). I would recommend it for anyone who is in a similar situation. Oh, i forgot... my bathroom has a bath only and shower only setup.... which is why I had to have that setup in the first place. I also had to buy a bath mat so he wouldn't slip.

I had to leave the leash on him because i knew he would try and move. He actually jumped out of the tub in the beginning. good thing I was prepared in having treats with me. I fed him the entire time. I did feel that he enjoyed this bathing experience more than at Tidy Dog. I used my hands to wash him instead of the rubber brush we used at tidy dog. He probably enjoyed that more. I also had my foot in the tub... I'm not sure if it made him feel like "we" were taking a bath and thus making him more comfortable. Actually he seemed more afraid of the hair dryer than the water. All in all it was a smooth experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment