Wednesday, March 4, 2009

random uneventful news

no exciting news as of late.  last weekend CK found a flea on him so I immediately gave him his first dose of comfortis with a half meal.  I guess i should have read the instructions as you're actually supposed to give it to him on a monthly basis... not a "as needed" basis.  So CK was playing with him shortly afterwards and as she was holding him his stomach started to gurgle and what comes next?

something that resembled chunk soup.  i guess that's why I have my parent's steam cleaner.  

he's also been quite adventurous on the sofas.  I can't catch him in the act but he's all over them... the hair is obvious.  I even try to lure him on the sofa and he won't go on.  I guess he remembers from when I reprimanded him before.  

I'm trying to teach him to go to his crate but he only seems to go when I have a treat.  I've tried grabbing him by the collar when he doesn't go.  I think he remembers it as one time he ran away as I was going near him.  He's a soft dog so I have to be easy on that.  

last weekend he was whimpering in his sleep.  I think he was dreaming.  it was pretty funny.  for about 20 secs he was making this sound; it's hard to describe.  

1 comment:

  1. Any reason why you aren't using topical flea med like Advantage, Frontline or Revolution? They don't have adverse effects like stomach problem and you just need to squeeze it at the neck. I personally think they are safer since it doesn't get injested inside. But like any med, you have to use it once a month.

    ReplyDelete