Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Food, toys


Food: I got duped by a Science diet dog food rep at petsmart and thus that was the first bag of dog food I bought for Mar. It's not that good. I can't believe what marketing they do. In petsmart they do heavy advertising as well as the vet that I went to. It would take Marley at least 20+ min to go to the bathroom on the walk. I'm now using Nature's Recipe: terrier breed instead. I think this is a much better brand of food.

He loves real turkey and prime rib. I will only use those for training rewards.

Snacks and toys: I started him with pig hoof. He's not too into it now but he was. I think he doesn't care for the hoof now that he's had a dingo holiday treat. I'm finding it very difficult to find a toy he likes to play with. I'm afraid he may have zero prey drive. I'm not sure if it can be nurtured. I recently bought him a classic Kong and he played with it for a short amount of time and is basically ignoring it now that he can't get the food treat inside it. /sigh

I also bought a bully stick that I'm waiting to see how he will like.

No comments:

Post a Comment